Utility Billing FAQ
When does the change go into effect?
Starting in early 2019.
Will the look of my bill change?
Yes, Utility Billing will provide more information about the new bills in early 2019.
How do I set up online access to view and pay my bill?
Additional instructions will be provided in January. You will have about a month to set up the account and update banking information.
What type of payment options are available?
We will have expanded options available (online!) in early 2019. Check back frequently for more information regarding this.
Currently, the available forms of payment options are:
- City Hall Drop Box – available all hours at City Hall on the corner of 185th & 101st Ave. NE. (No cash, please)
- City Hall Utility Counter – Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., except Holidays.
- Phone – Utility Billing at (425) 806 – 6881, Monday through Friday from 8 am to 5 p.m., except Holidays.
- Personal Bank Online Payment – allow 10 business days for your payment to reach the City.
- Mail – allow 7-10 business days for your payment to reach the City.
PO Box 24927
Seattle, WA 98124-0927
Do I need to change my information if I currently have a bank bill pay service established for my account?
Not at this time. Once you receive your postcard in early 2019, please update your current account and/or customer number with BOTH the Account-CID (Customer ID) information provided to your banking institution for future payments.
I own multiple properties with water and/or sewer services provided by the City of Bothell. What changes can I expect to see with my information?
In early 2019 you will receive a postcard with account numbers specific to each property address, but only ONE Customer ID (CID) which is unique specifically to you.
What does Owner Only Accounts mean?
The Owner is the Landlord. It is the responsibility of the Owner to:
- Advise City of Bothell of any changes to your mailing address or contact phone numbers.
- Ensure accounts are financially current through prompt payments.
- Pro-rate bills with tenants moving in or moving out. Contact Utility Billing at (425) 806-6881, if you need assistance.
Effective early 2019, rental property accounts will be billed to the property owner only.
Who pays the City of Bothell Water & Sewer bill?
Anyone may pay any City of Bothell Water & Sewer bill, regardless of the name appearing on the account.
I currently have an account set up under a Tenant. How will my billing work after September 1, 2018?
The City of Bothell will no longer establish accounts in anyone else’s name other than the property owner, effective September 1, 2018.
If you currently have an account set up under a tenant, the tenant will continue to receive billing statements until the City transitions to the new billing system in early 2019. At that time billing statements will then be sent to the property owner only. Payment of the bill is the responsibility of the property owner.
What if I currently have a property management or third party payer established on my utility account?
Nothing will change. We will continue to send your billing statements on to these designees once we transition to the new billing system in early 2019.
Starting or stopping service
Purchasing or selling a home
The property owner receives the bill for rental property accounts. Please contact us if you would like to set up a property management company or third party payer.