When does the change go into effect?

In 2019, check back frequently for updates to the schedule.

Will the look of my bill change?

Yes, Utility Billing will provide more information about the new look of the bills prior to launching the new system.

How do I set up online access to view and pay my bill?

Additional instructions will be provided prior to launching the new system.  Check back frequently for more information regarding this.

What type of payment options are available?

We are excited to offer more payment options (including online payments) once the new system is in place. 

Currently, the available forms of payment options are:

  • City Hall Drop Box – available all hours at City Hall on the corner of 185th & 101st Ave. NE. (No cash, please)
  • City Hall Utility Counter – Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., except Holidays.
  • Phone – Utility Billing at (425) 806 – 6881, Monday through Friday from 8 am to 5 p.m., except Holidays.
  • Personal Bank Online Payment – allow 10 business days for your payment to reach the City.
  • Mail – allow 7-10 business days for your payment to reach the City.
(Mailing address only):   City of Bothell
                                       PO Box 24927
                                       Seattle, WA 98124-0927

Do I need to change my information if I currently have a bank bill pay service established for my account?

Not at this time. Once you receive the blue mailer, please update your current account and/or customer number with the Account-CID information provided to your banking institution for future payments.

Why is the blue mailer important?

Before the new Utility Billing System is active, customers will receive a blue mailer that will contain a new Account-CustomerID number. The outside of the mailer will say, "Sensitive information inside" and "Your action is required."

Once you receive the blue mailer, you must follow the instructions included for all payment methods for City water and sewer bills. Customers who use automated banking and those who pay by mail will need to take action to ensure the City receives their payments by updating banking information to include the new Account-CustomerID number as well as our new payment address.

Receive more details and schedule updates, including when you can expect the blue mailer, on this page in the future.

I own multiple properties with water and/or sewer services provided by the City of Bothell. What changes can I expect to see with my information?

You will receive a blue mailer for each of your property addresses.  These blue mailers will contain a unique account number for each property, and they will all share ONE CustomerID which identifies the party receiving the mailer.

What does Owner Only Accounts mean?


Effective with the new system, rental property accounts will be billed to the property owner only.

Who pays the City of Bothell Water & Sewer bill?

Anyone may pay any City of Bothell Water & Sewer bill, regardless of the name appearing on the account.

I currently have an account set up under a Tenant. Do I need to do anything?

If you currently have an account set up under a tenant, the tenant will continue to receive billing statements until the City transitions to the new billing system.  

What if I currently have a property management or third party payer established on my utility account?

Nothing will change. We will continue to send your billing statements on to these designees once we transition to the new billing system.

Starting or stopping service   

Purchasing or selling a home

If you are buying or selling a home, you will need to contact us to provide us with the seller’s name, property address, forwarding address, closing date, and buyer’s name. The owner is responsible for water and sewer charges. If you purchase a property and the final bill is not paid at closing, it becomes the new owner's responsibility to pay the outstanding charge. Check with your escrow company to make sure they are paying the closing bill.

Rental properties

The property owner receives the bill for rental property accounts.  Please contact us if you would like to set up a property management company or third party payer.

Extended vacation or vacancy  

If you will be gone for an extended period of time, you may want to consider requesting a temporary stop service. There is a fee for turning off the service and for turning it back on. If you would like to temporarily stop service, contact us at 425-806-6881.

Water leaks and bill adjustments for leaks

As the homeowner, you are responsible for locating and repairing a water leak. If you have a leak repaired, it is important to complete a Leak Adjustment Request Form.

Receiving a bill from King County

This charge applies to all properties within the King County service area connected to sewer on or after February 1, 1990. It pays for building sewage treatment capacity to serve new connections to the regional sewer system. If you have any questions about this capacity charge, please call King County at 206-296-1450 or visit the King County website
  1. Utility Billing

    Physical Address
    18415 101st Ave. NE
    Bothell, WA 98011

    Mailing Address
    18415 - 101st Ave. NE
    Bothell, WA 98011

    Phone: 425-806-6881
    Fax: 425-402-4577