- Your Government
- Information Technology
- Outcomes & Activities
Outcomes & Activities
2023-2024 Outcomes and Activities
Maintain, secure and support a balanced and innovative City’s technology portfolio.
- Diversify the City’s technology portfolio with ongoing planning and established procedures for balancing cloud vs on-premise technology.
- Build a more cybersecurity aware and technically savvy workforce through training and outreach.
- Perform ongoing reevaluation of emerging technologies for opportunities to create efficiencies and improve service.
- Maintain efforts to provide technologies that reduce risk and help city departments meet legal and regulatory requirements.
- Continue to ensure fully functional, modern, sustainable services.
Connect residents and businesses with the City through technology services.
- Support transparency in government through ongoing efforts to introduce new (and improve existing) online public services.
- Improve direct community engagement leveraging City website and Communications Team.
Work in partnership with City departments to plan and prioritize technology investments that are aligned with Council priorities.
- Leverage a formal technology governance model for ongoing review and collaborative technology decision making.
- Foster citywide engagement in technology decision-making through regular strategic user groups for enterprise services and applications.
Provide leadership in technology investments and management to ensure fiscally responsible and equitable technology investments.
- Foster equity in technology through development of a departmental Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) policy that ensures DEI and accessibility are considered in technology investments, project management, processes, and outreach.
- Complete a Technology Strategic Plan, Technology Workplan and IT Workload Analysis to use as a roadmap in future technology planning.
- Provide project management and technology support for each department’s technology-related initiatives.
- Modernize project processes and communication by leveraging technology project management software, tiered project levels, and improved project reporting.