Fire Station Replacements Phase I
The City is starting a multi-year project to demolish and build two Fire Stations on the existing sites:
- Downtown Fire Station #42 is 38 years old
- Canyon Park Fire Station #45 is 33 years old
The projects will provide safety upgrades, technical modernization, and energy efficiency accommodating current and long-term emergency fire, medical, and rescue response needs.
The new Fire Station #45 at Canyon Park would include a Police Department satellite office to serve residents of north Bothell.
The City has hired a Consultant to serve as the Project Manager for the project.
RFQ Process for Progressive Design-Build Delivery
The formal Request for Qualifications (RFQ) was published in the Seattle Times and Daily Journal of Commerce on Friday, June 28 after receiving PRC approval. Links to the RFQ and attachments can be found in the RFQ Documents section in the right column of this page, as well as in the advertisement in the Business Opportunities section of this website. Statement of Qualifications (SOQ) are due before 2:00 p.m. on Friday, July 19.
Pre-Proposal Meeting: Tuesday, July 9, 11 a.m. at Bothell City Hall, 18415 101st Ave., Bothell, WA 98011
NOTE: Proposers may not disrupt operations at Station 42 and 45 and will not visit the sites.
Update July 12, 2019: Please refer to Addendum No. 1 and Addendum No. 2 in the RFQ Documents section in the right column of this page.
RFQ Process Schedule
The following dates are estimates and subject to change by the City.
|Issue RFQ (pending PRC approval)||Jun. 28, 2019|
|SOQ due date||Jul. 19, 2019|
|Notification of shortlisted finalists||Jul. 24, 2019|
|Issue RFP||Jul. 29, 2019|
|Office tours and interactive meetings||Aug. 19-20, 2019|
|Last date to submit questions or proposed changes to contract||Aug. 22, 2019|
|Last day to issue addenda||Aug. 26, 2019|
|Proposal due date||Aug. 30, 2019|
|Notification of highest scored finalist||Sep. 9, 2019|
This project is funded by the Public Safety Capital Bond.
- Brings safety requirements into compliance, including installing fire sprinklers.
- Improves decontamination area for personnel and equipment to provide for better firefighter health and safety.
- Allows for industry-standard separate sleeping quarters for male and female firefighters.
- Provides space for on-site training and parking.
- Houses new Police satellite office at the Canyon Park fire station for police officers to be more available to serve North Bothell residents.