COVID-19, Service Changes
Following direction from public health officials, all city buildings except for the City Hall parking garage are closed to the public and we are now providing many services online or via phone. Residents can access many city services online. Call us on our main line at 425-806-6100 from 8am to 5pm -- we can help customers conduct business over the phone or online.
- Police and Fire response are still available. For emergencies, call 911. For non-emergency police assistance, call 425-486-1254 or report non-emergency crimes online.
FINGERPRINTING: ***Until further notice - all fingerprinting has been suspended***
- Garbage and Recycling: Recology and Waste Management continue to provide regular collection services.
- Utility Billing: Staff are working remotely and response times may be a little longer than normal. Business hours are 8am – 5pm, Monday through Friday. Voicemail messages left before 4pm will be returned the same business day. We are happy to work with customers impacted by COVID-19 to set up a payment arrangement. Email us at email@example.com or call 425-806-6881. You can pay your bill online at: https://mss.bothellwa.gov/mss/default.aspx.
- Dropbox just inside the main doors of City Hall for paperwork that needs to be turned in.
- Report standard code compliance or public works issues via online Customer Action Request.
- The city will continue to accept legal service. For service of legal process or to submit claims for damages, go the Bothell Police Department entryway in person or call our non-emergency dispatch at 425-486-1254 for assistance.
- Public Records Requests are still being accepted and processed. However, no in-person public records business is currently allowed, including submitting a request for records, picking up/paying for copies, or physically inspecting records. Requests can be submitted electronically through our online portal. Please direct questions to PublicRecords@bothellwa.gov or call 425-806-6154.
- Permit activities continue. Submit applications and track them online through www.mybuildingpermit.com. Call 425-806-6400 for information and to make appointments for phone conferences with staff.
- Under Governor Inslee’s Re-opening Plan, certain businesses can re-open but at reduced occupant load capacity. The City developed a Guide for Determining Occupant Load/Capacity to assist Bothell restaurant and retail store owners in determining their social distancing occupant load. If questions, please contact Butch Noble - Fire Marshal: 425-471-0904: firstname.lastname@example.org David Swasey - Building Official: 425-471-0812: email@example.com.
- Building, Construction and Fire inspections are being conducted.
- Process utility payments by phone 425-806-6881 and by mail.
- Process Business License Applications by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and by mail.
- Hearing Examiner meetings are now virtual. For land-use meeting information contact Development Services Manager, Jeffrey Smith at Jeffrey.email@example.com.
- Planning Commission and Landmark Preservation Board meetings are now virtual. You may watch a live feed of the meetings online or listen to it over the telephone. More information is available on the city website: www.bothellwa.gov and on individual meeting agendas. For information about items before the Landmark Preservation Board please email Sarah.Desimone@bothellwa.gov; questions about Commission items should be directed to David.Boyd@bothellwa.gov.
- Office staff are available to assist you by phone or email. For general questions, please call the Bothell Fire Department’s main line at: 425-806-6242. If you have a life-threatening emergency, dial 911.
- All fire inspections, with the exception of residential inspections, will continue to take place.
- Bothell Municipal Court reopened on June 15th for modified, in-person court proceedings.
- Please refer to the municipal court’s webpage for details.
Parks & Recreation
- Effective December 15, the following Park amenities are open:
- Parks, Trails, and Open Spaces
- Limited Restrooms - Blyth Park, Cedar Grove Park, Park at Bothell Landing, Stipek Park, and North Creek Sportsfields
- Disc Golf Course at Blyth Park
- Outdoor Sports Courts
- Pop-up Dog Park at Park at Bothell Landing
- Drop-in use of Picnic Shelters - First come, first served and informal use only. No reservations accepted at this time.
- Parking lots at Park at Bothell Landing, Blyth Park, Cedar Grove Park, and Centennial Park
- Athletic Fields are reserved for permit holders on weekdays (8:00am-9:30pm) and weekends (8:00am-6:00pm). Parking at North Creek Fields is permitted weekdays (after 5:30pm) and weekends (7:00am-10:00pm). Non-permitted users must always relinquish the field to designated athletic field permit holders. For more information, visit the Sportsfields page.
- All recreation programs and facility rentals are canceled until further notice. No new facility rental requests are being accepted at this time. For more information about field availability for sports, visit the Sportsfields page.
- Park Operations Staff are doing trash removal, limited restroom cleaning, and limited maintenance in our parks at this time.
- We are not currently accepting Special Event Permits for future events, pending health district recommendations.
- Staff are available to answer questions via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- PD lobby closed until further notice; however, staff will be here and can assist as needed.
- All fingerprinting services, concealed weapon permits, prescription drug disposal, and ride-alongs are suspended until further notice.
- PD Community Room is not available until further notice.
- Residents may file non-emergency police reports online by visiting: www.bothellpolicereports.com
- For non-emergency reports, residents may also call 425-486-1254 and ask to speak with an officer.
- Development Services including the inspection of projects and Code Compliance will be addressed as normal, but possibly with slower response times. See Community Development above for permitting information.
- Capital Division Staff continues to oversee and inspect capital projects under construction. Work continues on design of future projects, although it is anticipated there could be some schedule impacts. For contact information, please see: www.bothellwa.gov/675/Capital-Improvement-Projects. For construction bids for upcoming projects, please see: www.bothellwa.gov/Bids.aspx.