- Administer the levy-funded Safe Streets & Sidewalks program;
- Address issues relating to traffic engineering and transportation planning;
- Plan, operate and maintain the water, sanitary sewer and storm/surface water utilities;
- Manage the City’s solid waste, recycling and sustainability programs;
- Analyze the design and development of the City’s infrastructure, and implement the Capital Facilities Plan (CFP);
- Provide engineering review and inspections in conjunction with private development to ensure consistency with City codes and standards;and,
- Maintain the City’s fleet and facilities.
The City posts opportunities for bids, small works projects, RFPs, and RFQs year-round.
Public Works manages BothellCool,the City's sustainability program. It focuses on helping the community reduce their environmental impacts and carbon emissions while improving their standard of living.
The Bothell Design and Construction Standards and Specifications apply whenever any public or private work is performed within City limits.
City Council adopts an updated Capital Facilities Plan every two years. This plan prioritizes how we spend money on Facilities, Parks and Open Spaces, Transportation, Water Utility, Storm Utility, and Sewer Utility projects.
The Capital Improvement Projects Division provides permanent infrastructure investments to Bothell's transportation and utility facilities.
We manage the solid waste contracts with the City's two haulers, Recology CleanScapes and Waste Management. Garbage service is required in Bothell.
We manage the City's recycling program and offer community resources to help citizens and businesses reduce, reuse, and recycle.
Learn about the 9-year Safe Streets & Sidewalks levy that helps improve the safety and condition of Bothell's streets.
Surface Water Management works to protect and restore our water through protective and restorative measures, best practices, and public outreach.
The Transportation Division plans, designs, and implements various transportation planning and traffic engineering projects throughout the City.
Find information about your water and sewer bills.