Education & Scholarships
High school seniors encouraged to apply for $1,000 scholarship
Are you a high school senior who lives in Bothell? If you're planning to pursue a post-secondary degree in the fall of 2017 and meet the eligibility requirements, apply now for a $1,000 scholarship.
The City of Bothell is nominating one local candidate to compete for the AWC Center of Quality Community’s Scholarship. The $1,000 scholarship is awarded to six Washington state students who have been actively engaged with their community and/or city government. Please read the following information carefully and complete scholarship application materials by Feb. 27 if you wish to be considered.
Students interested in competing for the Center for Quality Communities scholarship fund must:
- Live within the City of Bothell;
- Be involved (or have been involved) with a city government and/or significant school leadership activity;
- Be eligible to graduate from high school, complete home school or receive a GED in spring/summer 2017;
- Be a Washington state resident; and
- Plan to continue education in the 2017-2018 academic year at an accredited college, community college or trade school on a half-time or more basis.
- Complete Quality Communities scholarship application form
- Complete the personal essay.
- Submit one letter of recommendation from a non-relative (can include a community leader, high school teacher, administrator or counselor).
- Submit scholarship application materials to the City of Bothell by 5 p.m. Feb. 27 for consideration.
- Incomplete or late applications will not be considered.
Where to submit applications
City of Bothell
Attn: Barbara Ramey
18415 101st Ave NE
Bothell, WA 98011
or by email to
High school seniors: Apply now for $1,000 college scholarship