The community and the media are invited to join in a groundbreaking ceremony for the Main Street Enhancement project:
Tuesday, March 28
10 – 11 a.m.
Main Street between 101st Ave NE and 102nd Ave NE
Come learn more about the project and enjoy free coffee and pastries.
• Andy Rheaume, Mayor of Bothell
• Greg Armstrong, Transportation Improvement Board
• Nancy Pipinich, State Farm Insurance
Headed east or west on 522, turn north onto 101st Ave NE.
Headed north or south on Bothell Way NE, turn east onto Main St.
Free parking one block north in City Hall garage (18415 101st Ave NE)
Main Street Enhancement Project construction and background
Construction will begin in April. The City of Bothell is offering the contractor an incentive to complete the project before Thanksgiving.
The total project cost is $7 million. The Washington State Transportation Improvement Board approved a $4.7 million grant last fall, allowing construction on Phase I of the project to move forward.
Improvements will include:
• Gathering areas/public spaces
• Wide pedestrian-friendly sidewalks
• Maintaining the street character
• Promoting business visibility
• High-visibility crosswalks
• Traffic calming measures
• Flexible use zones (parking in the rainy season, with options for outdoor gathering spaces during nicer weather)
The Main Street Enhancement project, part of the downtown revitalization plan, is one of the City Council’s 12 top priority goals for 2017-2018.