Councilmember Duerr has been active in education and civic affairs for more than 10 years. She has chaired the Bothell Landmark Preservation Board and is a former vice president of the Northshore Schools Foundation. She co-founded and co-chairs the foundation’s M.I.L.K. Money campaign to raise money for children experiencing homelessness in the Northshore School District.
Councilmember Duerr has a bachelor’s degree in architecture from Syracuse University and is a senior interior architect at a local architecture firm. Raised in Upstate New York, she became a Bothell resident in 2001.
She also enjoys reading, creating fused glass art, and swimming.
She became a Bothell City Councilmember and has served as Deputy Mayor from 2016-2019.
Councilmember Duerr serves on the following Boards/Committees:
- Capital Facilities Plan Committee
- Human Services Committee
- Public Safety Committee (alternate)
- Snohomish County Tomorrow Steering Committee (Alternate)
- Sound Cities Association - Public Issues Committee (Alternate)
- Lodging Tax Advisory Committee (Alternate)
- WSDOT Executive Advisory Group
- PSRC Transportation Policy Board
- Eastside Transportation Partnership