Canyon Park Visioning
NEW! Draft Subarea Plan Update Survey
- Summary of August 6, open house
- Survey results
- View the August 6, 2020 open house Power Point presentation
- The open house video presentation is available here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zb_Z2tGnXa0put
Accepting Feedback on:
Subarea Plan and Preferred Alternative information
- The draft subarea plan update, including goals, policies and actions to achieve the preferred land use alternative is available for review and comment. In addition, an Addendum to the Draft Planned Action EIS (Draft PAEIS) was issued July 9, 2020.
- The next step is the Planning Commission considering testimony on the draft plan and development recommendations before making a recommendation to the City Council. The anticipated schedule is for the Commission to make a recommendation in September with Council consideration and action in October.
- You are invited to provide your input on the draft plan and draft regulations at a Public Hearing before the City’s Planning Commission. Due to the COVID pandemic, meetings are being held virtually until further notice. The public hearing will continue at the next regular meeting of the Planning Commission on September 2, 2020 at 6:00 PM. Information about the meeting will be posted on the Calendar page of the city website.
The Vision Report was possible because a diverse group of stakeholders, including property owners, business owners, employees, residents and members of the general public came together and provided input that helped craft the vision for the area. Thank you to everyone who participated.
Why Canyon Park?
With its high-tech and bio-tech companies, Canyon Park employs thousands of people. The Puget Sound Regional Council has identified Canyon Park an appropriate location for population and employment growth due to a number of factors including:
- access to regional transportation systems
- significant existing employment and
- the potential for additional employee and population growth