A new ordinance adopted 11/16/21, states that the only fireworks allowed in Bothell are snakes/worms, party poppers, snappers, novelty smoke devices, sparklers, and tanks. The possession of sparklers and tanks, which are consumer fireworks, are allowed from 12:00 pm on July 1 until 11:00 pm on July 4 each year. Discharge of sparklers and tanks are allowed on July 4 of each year between the hours of 9:00 am and 11:00 pm.
The sale of consumer fireworks in Bothell is illegal.
For firework and noise complaints, call the non-emergency number: 425-486-1254.
If there is an immediate threat to life or property, including a fire or injuries, call 911.
Recommend Fireworks Safety Tips:
The Bothell Fire Department urges citizens to attend one of the many professional public displays in the area.
If you are taking part in the legal discharge of consumer fireworks, please remember:
- Know your fireworks; read the cautionary labels and performance descriptions before igniting.
- A responsible adult SHOULD supervise all firework activities. Never give fireworks to children.
- Alcohol and fireworks do not mix. Save your alcohol for after the show.
- Wear safety glasses when shooting fireworks.
- Light one firework at a time and then quickly move away.
- Use fireworks OUTDOORS in a clear area; away from buildings and vehicles.
- Never relight a “dud” firework. Wait 20 minutes and then soak it in a bucket of water.
- Always have a bucket of water and charged water hose nearby.
- Never carry fireworks in your POCKET or shoot them into METAL or GLASS containers.
- Do not experiment with homemade fireworks.
- Dispose of spent fireworks by wetting them down and place in a metal trash can away from any building or combustible materials until the next day.
Remember your pets too:
- Don’t bring your pets to a fireworks display, even a small one.
- If fireworks are being used near your home, put your pet in a safe, interior room to avoid exposure to the sound.
- Make sure your pet has an identification tag, in case it runs off during a fireworks display.
- Never shoot fireworks of any kind (consumer fireworks, sparklers, fountains, etc.) near pets.