A free community event for City of Bothell residents (no commercial businesses) to shred confidential documents and recycle StyrofoamTM and plastic bags.
Residents will be able to drop off the following items for recycling:
- Three paper grocery bags or two file/copy boxes of documents for shredding*
- No plastic or binder clips
- Rigid StyrofoamTM blocks and clean StyrofoamTM take out food containers are accepted
- Must be clean, dry, and free of excessive pen or crayon marks
- All glue, plastic, stickers, cardboard, tape, and labels must be removed
- Bagged plastic bags
- Must be clean and dry with no food residue
- See King County’s website for a list of accepted bags
*Event attendees will not be able to watch material be shredded. You will drop off items in bin and bins will be transported to the shred truck for shredding by event staff.
Sat., Apr. 18, 2020
10 a.m. - 1 p.m.
Eastside Church parking lot
14520 100th Ave. NE
Bothell, WA 98011
Shred event staff will not receive items before 10 a.m. or after 1 p.m. on the day of the event, Apr. 18 at the event location.
For safety reasons, we ask that event attendees not attempt to walk items up before the event starts or after the event ends. You must drive through the event during the event time to participate.
This event is brought to you through funds from the Department of Ecology Local Solid Waste Financial Assistance and the King County Waste Reduction and Recycling grants.
We want to thank Eastside Church, LeMay, City of Bothell Records Information Management Committee members, and Public Works staff for their work on this event.
Additional Shred Events
For additional shred events, visit the Washington State Office of the Attorney General Community Shred Events.