COVID-19, Service Changes
Following direction from public health officials, all city buildings except for the City Hall parking garage are closed to the public and we are now providing many services online or via phone. Residents can access many city services online. Call us on our main line at 425-806-6100 from 8am to 5pm -- we can help customers conduct business over the phone or online.
- Police and Fire response are still available. For emergencies, call 911. For non-emergency police assistance, call 425-486-1254 or report non-emergency crimes online.
- Garbage and Recycling: Recology and Waste Management continue to provide regular collection services.
- Utility Billing: Staff are working remotely and response times may be a little longer than normal. Business hours are 8am – 5pm, Monday through Friday. Voicemail messages left before 4pm will be returned the same business day. We have instituted a grace period for late payments and will not be mailing shut-off notices this month. We are happy to work with customers impacted by COVID-19 to set up a payment arrangement. Email us at email@example.com or call 425-806-6881. You can pay your bill online at: https://mss.bothellwa.gov/mss/default.aspx.
- Dropbox just inside the main doors of City Hall for paperwork that needs to be turned in.
- Report standard code compliance or public works issues via online Customer Action Request
- The city will continue to accept legal service. For service of legal process or to submit claims for damages, go the Bothell Police Department entryway in person or call our non-emergency dispatch at 425-486-1254 for assistance.
- Public Records Requests are still being accepted and processed. However, no in-person public records business is currently allowed, including submitting a request for records, picking up/paying for copies, or physically inspecting records. Requests can be submitted electronically through our online portal. Please direct questions to PublicRecords@bothellwa.gov or call 425-806-6154.
- Permit activities are continuing. Submit applications and track them online through www.mybuildingpermit.com. Call 425-806-6400 for information and to make appointments for phone conferences with staff.
- The City is scaling back inspection services in response to the Governor’s March 23rd Stay Home, Stay Healthy Proclamation and the Governor’s March 25th Memo regarding Construction Guidance. City staff from Development Services, including Fire, Transportation, & Utilities will only be performing inspections for projects that are identified as Essential Critical, and for any work that is emergency repair, replacement, or maintenance. All inspections through the Building Division during this period will be conducted using virtual means (unless the inspector determines an in person inspection is necessary). The inspector will contact these applicants/contractors the day of the inspection to arrange the inspection time. For questions, contact Building Official David Swasey at 425-471-4812 or email David.firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Construction and Fire inspections are still being conducted.
- Process utility payments by phone 425-806-6881 and by mail.
- Process Business License Applications by emailing email@example.com and by mail.
- Hearing Examiner has postponed all public hearings until further notice.
- Planning Commission and Landmark Preservation Board meetings have been canceled through April. For information about items before the Board please email Sarah.Desimone@bothellwa.gov; questions about Commission items should be directed to David.Boyd@bothellwa.gov.
- Office staff are available to assist you by phone or email. For general questions, please call the Bothell Fire Department’s main line at: 425-806-6242. If you have a life-threatening emergency, dial 911.
- All fire inspections, with the exception of residential inspections, will continue to take place.
- Bothell Municipal Court has suspended normal operations until further notice.
- Please refer to the municipal court’s webpage for emergency notifications, jail information, probation contact information, payment options, etc.
- Individuals summoned for Bothell hearings should contact their legal counsel regarding the status of their case.
Parks & Recreation
- All city parks and trails are open, but park restrooms, playgrounds, and sports courts are now closed. View Bothell parks and trails list at www.bothellwa.gov/parks.
- All recreation programs and facility rentals are canceled through April 30th.
- Park Operations Staff are doing trash removal and limited maintenance in our parks at this time.
- Staff are available to help with future program registration, facility rentals and general questions via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also register for programs online at www.bothellparks.net.
- Special Event Permits are still being accepted and processed at this time for future events, pending large gatherings being permitted in the region once again. Submit your application now at www.bothellwa.gov/specialevents.
- Volunteer projects are on hold at this time through April 30th.
- PD lobby closed until further notice; however, staff will be here and can assist as needed.
- All fingerprinting services, prescription drug disposal, and ride-alongs are suspended until further notice.
- PD Community Room is not available until further notice.
- Residents may file non-emergency police reports online by visiting: www.bothellpolicereports.com
- For non-emergency reports, residents may also call 425-486-1254 and ask to speak with an officer.
- Operations has a skeleton crew of six prepared to respond from home to essential services. Please report street, storm and water/sewer maintenance issues via online Customer Action Request or at 425-488-0118. For after-hour water/sewer emergencies such as a water main break or sewer back-up, please call the Police Non-emergency line at: 425-486-1254.
- Transportation Operations – urgent concerns about traffic signals should go to 9-1-1. The goal is to maintain critical services as it relates to transportation signals and signage.
- Development Services including the inspection of projects and Code Compliance will be addressed as normal, but possibly with slower response times. See Community Development above for permitting information.
- Capital Division Staff continues to oversee and inspect capital projects under construction. Work continues on design of future projects, although it is anticipated there could be some schedule impacts. For contact information, please see: www.bothellwa.gov/675/Capital-Improvement-Projects. For construction bids for upcoming projects, please see: www.bothellwa.gov/Bids.aspx.