Special Event Permit
*Updated 01/04/21 - We are currently not accepting Special Event Permits for future events, pending health district recommendations.
We’re updating our special event permit process!
For events taking place January through July 2020, please use the current Special Event Permit application.
Planning a Special Event on City Property
If you are planning a special event that will take place on a public street, sidewalk, park or other public place in Bothell, you may need to apply for a special event permit. Please read below to identify the requirements for your event:
A Special Event Permit is required to use any type of a city owned property when one or more of the following conditions exists (BMC 5.06):
- The proposed event is reasonably likely to involve more than 75 people;
- The proposed event is reasonably likely to require City personnel for road closures, traffic control, crowd control, or other safety and logistical support;
- Public rights of way are impeded by the event’s activities.
- The proposed event requires approval from two (2) or more City departments;
- Special circumstances which require (1) the coordination of multiple uses of public property; (2) assuring the preservation of public property and public places; (3) prevention of dangerous, unlawful or impermissible uses; and/or (4) protection of the safety of persons and property around the event; as determined by the City Manager or designee.
For questions about the special event permit, please contact the Parks Department at 425-806-6760.