The Administrative Division oversees the day-to-day operations within the Department and includes the Chief of Police, Deputy Chief and the Commanders of the various divisions. The Administrative Division is managed by the Deputy Police Chief Denise Nielsen.
Risk Management Division
The Risk Management Division manages:
- the Police Department Accreditation Process
- Professional Standards (policies, internal investigations, complaints, pre-employment background investigations, and Department audits)
- Property and Evidence Room and
The Operations Division provides police officers to ensure the safety of all citizens within the City of Bothell, 24 hours-per-day, seven days per week. The Operations Division has uniformed officers on patrol in four patrol districts throughout the City and several specialty units and teams. The Operations Division is managed by Captain Ken Seuberlich.
Major Crimes Investigations Division
The Major Crimes Division Investigations Division is responsible for secondary follow-up investigations of felonies including homicides, robberies, prostitution, arson, identity thefts and fraud. The Division includes:
- school resource officer services to the high school
- crime analysis services
- detectives with specialized training in the investigation of sexual offenses against juveniles and adults and
- coordination of registered sex offender monitoring.
Special Operations Division
The Special Operations Division includes:
- Northsound Metro SWAT
- Police Support Officers (PSO)
- Narcotics K-9 Program
- Animal Control, and
- the Field Training Program.
The Support Services Division is responsible for the Records Section and Communications Section. The Records Section provides timely, reliable and accurate information in response to inquiries from the public, and processes a wide variety of records, logs, court documents, and other paperwork. The Records Unit also maintains Police Department case reports, criminal history record information and related records as well as providing fingerprinting services. The Support Services Division is managed by Manager Dave Schlaegel.