Construction to continue next week
Drivers should plan for delays in Canyon Park on 228th St. SE near 15th Ave SE starting Monday, Feb. 25 from 6 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. The remainder of the week, through Friday, March 1, drivers should anticipate delays from 7:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Weather may change the schedule.
The project, intended to deal with puddling groundwater and rain in the center of 228th St. SE just east of 15th Ave SE, has successfully captured the water from the eastbound lanes. Next week, crews will install additional drainage under the westbound lanes.
A long-term future project will rebuild 228th and deal with the settling of the road. That project may include a more robust drainage system if needed.
- Drivers should expect a westbound lane closure on 228th St. SE just before the intersection of 15th Ave SE.
- Most of the center turn lane will be closed, although vehicles will be able to enter the left turn lane to make turns just before the intersection.
- All eastbound lanes will be open.
- No parking will be allowed on 15th Ave SE south of 228th St. SE where posted.
All lanes will be reopen by 3:30 p.m. for the evening commute. Crews will need dry weather to finish the work.
- Saw-cutting will begin at 6 a.m. and end by about 10 a.m. on Monday, Feb. 25. This is the only time the equipment was available that week.
What drivers can do
- Please use extra caution in the area when temperatures dip.
- Slow down and use extra caution in construction zones.