The City of Bothell is seeking community members to serve on a new Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) Advisory Committee.
Those interested should apply by January 10, 2022.
In late 2022, Bothell City Council adopted a new goal to "Pursue Equity Through Inclusive Community Engagement," and allocated resources to begin developing a DEI program. Shortly after, the City of Bothell retained a DEI consultant to help lay a strategic foundation for the program that would be sustainable and woven throughout our organization, improving our service delivery for everyone in the community.
The City is forming a temporary (ad-hoc) advisory committee made up of
community members to:
- Help the consultant and city staff draft a long-term DEI Action Plan for City Council approval
- Advise the City Manager on the overall plan
- Provide input to ensure the plan addresses equitable access to city services and facilities
- Participate in discussions with the consultant and internal DiveIn diversity team to educate staff on policies or decision-making that negatively influences our service delivery
- Recommend ways to ensure plan development and decision-making are transparent, fair and equitable
Ideal Qualities of Committee Members
- Ability to work positively and collaboratively with people of diverse perspectives and experiences
- Connections with local historically marginalized or underrepresented communities
- Represent the geographic and demographic diversity of our community
- Can positively and respectfully engage in conversations about race, gender, culture, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, ability, and age, among other factors of identity
Committee Member Requirements
- Must be a Bothell resident, business owner, employee, property owner or student, or a stakeholder or nonprofit partner with cultural competency skills, experience in diversity work, or connections to the Bothell community
- Able to meet once a month for 90 minutes throughout 2022
- Can be existing Board or Commission member
If you are interested in serving on this advisory committee, apply now.
Questions? Contact Becky Range, email@example.com, Interim Assistant City Manager