Do I need to call before I dig?
Yes. It's the law. Calling 811 2 business days before you begin digging alerts utilities to come out and mark their buried lines from the street to your house at no cost to you.

Be aware that many buried utility lines under your property belong to you. Locating buried utility lines that you own must be performed by a private company.

Puget Sound Energy Customers: Call 811
Snohomish County PUD Customers: Call 1-800-424-5555

Learn more about Washington's Call Before You Dig law.

Show All Answers

1. How do I report a pothole?
2. How do I request the City cut back trees or shrubs that are growing over the sidewalk or road?
3. What do I do about fallen, leaning, or overgrown trees?
4. What do I do about clogged storm/street drains?
5. How do I request new or refreshed pavement striping/marking on my street?
6. How do I request the City re-pave my street?
7. There are lines spray-painted on the ground near my property. What do they mean?
8. Do I need to call before I dig?