The department engaged on multiple occasions with the community during the development of the ROAS program. As a result of this engagement, the policy and procedures governing the ROAS program were steered and shaped after review of the questions, comments, concerns, and suggestions from members of the community.
These engagement opportunities included:
- 2 “Conversations with the Chief” online forums where “drones” were the main focus of conversation
- 2 online forums that specifically addressed concerns, questions, comments, and suggestions for the ROAS program
- 1 Bothell Interfaith online forum that was specifically focused on the ROAS program and addressed concerns, questions, comments, and suggestions for the program
- 1 presentation at the Bothell Kenmore Chamber of Commerce
- Multiple conversations and online meetings with community members to address specific concerns